Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in water, cooking oil, vinegar and vanilla- Batter will be thin.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups (to yield 3 dozen).
- Fill each half full of batter.
- On the top of each, put one teaspoon of the cream filling (which is next).
- For the cream filling, combine softened cream cheese and egg.
- Stir in sugar, salt and chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.