Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
Top Review by patkochi
these are really good, .I forgot the chocolate pieces but I fixed it with chocolate ganache frosting.Next time I will be sure to include them. I recommend to increased the cocoa to 2/3 cup. I made half recipe and got 12 cupcakes. thanks for sharing Bec
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in water, cooking oil, vinegar and vanilla- Batter will be thin.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups (to yield 3 dozen).
- Fill each half full of batter.
- On the top of each, put one teaspoon of the cream filling (which is next).
- For the cream filling, combine softened cream cheese and egg.
- Stir in sugar, salt and chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.