Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like this recipe because it is easy to prepare, no-fail recipe. This was given to me by a friend many years ago, and I would like to pass it on to others. It is a chocolate confection that candy lovers will enjoy.
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 16 marshmallows or 1 jar marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mix first five ingredients in saucepan, stirring.
- constantly, heat to boiling, and boil five minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir till melted.
- Stir in vanilla and walnuts/or pecans.
- Spread in buttered 8" pan.
- Cool until firm.
- Makes about two pounds of fudge.
I have made this same recipe for many years. It is very delicious and my favorite fudge. It is the only fudge that I truly like. I like to add 1/4 cup of peanut butter and omit the walnuts for a different taste.
This is the recipe my mom has used for years, and passed on to us.
However, we use evaporated milk, which is on the original recipe, as sweetened condensed milk is TOO sweet for our liking.
The other thing is the recipe we have, which is titled the same, for the marshmallows, we use 1/2 cup mini marshmallows.
Very Good and has a rich chocolate taste...My only suggestion to anyone who makes this is to store it in the fridge.