Elk Tenderloin filled with Grand Marnier Scallops Yield: 4 This particular Dish is great on a BBQ. Things You Must Do the Day Before: marinate Jumbo Scallops in 1 oz of Grand Marnier the day before. Things You Must Not Do : Do Not Cut Your Bacon. it will be used to wrap the Scallops. Do not over cook Your Scallops! Most over cook their Scallops. They must be juicy and not dry at all. They may even look raw to you in the inside - but trust me - they are not. Check the internal temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Rub a Dub Dub
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons crushed rosemary (20ml)
- 2 teaspoons salt (10ml)
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons peppercorns (10ml)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 4 elk tenderloins, sold in Alberta
- 2The day before, mix the rub ingredients together. Rub onto the Elk Tenderloin and cover. Place in your cooler fridge until the next day. Chef's call this the " Resting" time.
- 4First thing to cook it the bacon. Cook the bacon until it most of the fat is cooked out of it. Remove bacon from skillet.Do not over cook bacon as you are going to wrap the scallops later on. Drain off fat.
- 5Place the oil in a skillet and heat. Add the spanish onion,minced garlic and red pepper and sauté for 5 minutes until slightly tender.
- 6Take a bowl and place the above ingredients (except the bacon).Mix together and place into the fridge to cool.
- 8Ok. Now. There are two ways you can do this. You can slice the Elk tenderlion length side so you end up with a sandwich.
- 9Or you can cut a centre piece circle in the middle of your Elk tenderloin to fill your filling. If you do it this way, we cut up the Elk meat into small pieces and add it to our stuffing. But we must pre-cook it in the skillet with a small amount of olive oil first.
- 10I like doing the Sandwich procedure. After you slice the Elk Tenderloin I mark it on the BBQ on all four sides quickly. Take off.
- 11Now. I quick do the same with the Scallops. I quickly mark cook the Scallops( a minute -Tops!).
- 12Take off.
- 13Place your stuffing on one side of the tenderloin .Wrap two Scallops with the bacon and place it on top of your stuffing. On the other cut half of your tenderloin - place on some stuffing as well. (Not too much - you have eight peices to do all together) Place the sandwich tenderloin together and press.
- 14Now. Get some tin foil and wrap the outside edge of the sandwich - so the stuffing does not fall out.
- 15Cook Time: 8 minutes.
- 16Cook indoors or on your favourite BBQ. Enjoy!
- 17Don't forget to join my Northwest Outdoor Adventure Newsletter for more interesting Recipes and outdoor adventures twice a month.
- 18Check out http://chefbari.com.
Browse Our Top Elk Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elk Tenderloin All Dressed Up
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.3
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 1517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: