Recipe by MizzNezz
Very flavorful steak. This is supurb with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Big Kahuna in Alaska
I made this dish with moose round steak, I added two sticks of chopped celery, and one sliced green bell pepper, and used whole garlic cloves instead of the powder, and canned chopped tomatoes. Very good with garlic mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs elk steaks
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 3 t water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut elk steak in serving pieces.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Fry in hot butter, browning both sides.
- Put in a baking pan.
- Brown onions and mushrooms in same pan as the steak.
- Add to steak in baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the steak.
- Cover and bake at 350F degrees for 1 1/2 hours.