Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Response to a request. Beer and roasts always go well together!
- 3 -4 lbs elk roast or 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 -24 ounces beer
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place meat in a 9x13 inch pan or roasting pan.
- Cover with onion slices.
- In a bowl, combine the chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and beer.
- Pour over the meat.
- Bake for 3½-4 hours.
- Add barbecue sauce to any leftover meat, sliced, and serve on crusty rolls!
We loved this! I cooked this in my crock pot and added potatoes, carrots and whole mushrooms half-way through cooking and everything came out perfect. Thank you.
I was given an elk roast by a friend at work. I haven't even eaten venison since I was a child and never elk so I searched online for a recipe. I was glad I chose this one because the elk was absolutely outstanding. I did it in the crock pot and the meat just fell apart. The flavor was tremendous. Thanks ChipotleChick!
I tried this recipe with Moose roast and used my slow cooker. It turned out very tasty. I served the roast with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. Wonderful!