Recipe by ChipotleChick
Response to a request. Beer and roasts always go well together!
Top Review by Ridinthewind
I made this tonight in my crock pot with a 1.5 lb elk roast from my elk last year. Cooked on LOW for 6 hours. I halved your ingredients and added some Worcestershire, season salt and pepper. Very good, I used a 1/2 can of Bud Light for the beer. The meat was very tender. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 -4 lbs elk roast or 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 -24 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place meat in a 9x13 inch pan or roasting pan.
- Cover with onion slices.
- In a bowl, combine the chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and beer.
- Pour over the meat.
- Bake for 3½-4 hours.
- Add barbecue sauce to any leftover meat, sliced, and serve on crusty rolls!