Recipe by candymandy
After the hunt it's nice to have options for cooking wild game. This recipe is sure to please. Even people who don't love wild game will eat this. This is one of my signature recipes, I used elk after running out of pork. Now it is one of my most requested dishes.
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml butter
- 3312.26 ml water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 680.38 g elk meat, cubed
- 10 green chilies, fire roasted with skin removed, chopped
- 59.14 ml better than bouillon, beef bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter and flour in a deep dutch oven until flour turns light brown. Add water while stirring vigorously with a whisk. Then add chopped onion, minced garlic, cubed elk, chopped green chilis, and bouillon.
- Let simmer on med low for aprox. 2hrs. Let it cook down to an almost gravy consistency. Check to see if seasonings are to your taste, add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with flour tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired and enjoy!