Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Original was from the Metis Cultural Center. Since we had been talking about Elk I decided to post this.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs game, meat, lean, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- onion juice
- 1⁄3 cup fat, your choice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: of course the game meat should be Elk. The computer would not take it when I tried to enter it.
- Make your favorite dumpling recipe up for six people.
- Mix the first four ingredients, shape lightly into patties or small cakes and sear in fat in hot frying pan until well browned; remove cakes.
- Stir flour into dumplings in pan, add water, tomato juice and chili sauce and bring to a boil.
- Return patties to pan and drop 1 tablespoons dumpling mixture on top of each, cover tightly and cook 10 minutes. Approximate yield: 6 portions.