1/1 Photo of Elk and Other Animal Cut out Cookies
This is a lovely recipe for plain cut-out cookies. They have a yummy vanilla taste and the dough is super easy to work with. Cut out any shapes you like and decorate them with whatever strikes your fancy. Please note that a 30 min. cooling time is not include in prep time. Yield of cookies will vary according to the size of your cookie cutters. I got 7 large elks and about 15 small ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter, cut into pieces
- 250 g flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or use regular sugar and add some vanilla)
- 70 g sugar
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1In a big bowl combine butter pieces, flour, vanilla sugar, sugar and egg. Knead into a smooth dough. Wrap dough into cling film and refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- 2On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough quite thinly (about 3 mm thick).
- 3Cut out elks or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter and place on a paper-lined baking sheet. If you like attach a currant to each elk for eyes.
- 4Bake in the pre-heated oven at 190°C/375°F for 8-12 minutes or until just slightly browned around the edges.
- 5Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer to a wire-rack to cool completely.
- 6Now you can add any decorations you might like to add. I used some eggnog flavoured icing dipping the cookies into it and attaching a chocolate chip as an eye afterwards.
- 7Let dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elk and Other Animal Cut out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 38.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: