- 7 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup chili powder
- 4 (14 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 cup adobo seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground sirlion seasoned with adobo, cayenne pepper,minced garlic,black pepper,salt, onions,and bell peppers.
- Stir in wine,tomato sauce,tomato paste,chili powder,cayenne pepper,kidney beans,diced tomatoes,sofrito and salt with ground beef mixture. Stir till well blended.
- Simmer 45 minutes over low heat to desired thickness.