Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to have a light dinner "just rice" and maybe a tomato, instead I came up with this great concoction. Just a few ingredients and barely any prep time. Goes well with grilled chicken and warm flour tortillas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) canembasa salsa, with lemon juice
- 12 g tomato bouillon, with chicken flavor
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a small pot add 2 cups water, rice, margarine, salt, pepper, embasa salsa, and 1 cube tomato/chicken bouillion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover with lid.
- Let cook for 20 minutes without lifting lid.
- Add 1/2 cup of sour cream and enjoy!
This rice reminded me of Tex-Mex rice which is a Mexican rice I had cooked when in Florida. I loved it just as much as I loved this. I substituted the tomato boullion with 1/2 chopped tomato and the sour cream with plain fat-free yoghurt. This rice tastes good and I'll make it again. Thanks for posting!