Recipe by Expat in Holland
A friend of mine sent me this recipe. It has a nice unusual taste, with lots of seafood. We enjoy this on cold winter nights. With some bread and small tossed salad.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and veined
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 6 ounces white fish fillets, such as cod fillet- cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes, with juice or 28 oz.can diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup white onion
- 2 -3 limes, to make 1/4 c juice plus
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 13 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together shrimp, scallops, fish ,garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt.
- and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- In blender puree canned tomatoes with juices, 1/2 of cilantro, onions, jalapeno and 1/4 c lime juice. Set aside.
- In a heavy dutch oven, heat oil.Add red and green pepper and red pepper flakes. Saute mixture until softened about 8 minutes.
- Add remaining cilantro, ginger, cayenne, and remaining salt and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add puree tomatoes and bring to boil. Cook low for 15 minutes until sauce thickens. Add tomato paste, stir. Increase heat to medium and add coconut milk. Heat until boiling.
- Add seafood mixture, with juices to pot and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining cilantro and stir. Add more lime juice, salt, pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately. May serve over rice. This recipes ingredients blend well over night, refrigerated and is even better flavor next day!