Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yet another celebrity recipe from my collection to yours.
Make and share this Elizabeth Taylor's Chicken Steamed In Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 1 cup dry sauterne wine
- Flour chicken lightly and brown in a heavy skillet or dutch oven.
- Combine all the other ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for about an hour, or until tender.
So fast and easy to put together, then you just forget about it and let it cook for an hour!! I served it with raratouille. I need to up the spice amount a bit, and next time I would add more garlic and maybe a bit more onion...a good reheating recipe too!
I felt so glamorous while I was making this, knowing it was Liz Taylor's recipe, LOL! Excellent, very easy and delicious. The kitchen smells awesome as it cooks, and the bay leaf flavor is wonderful. I used a couple of those thigh/drumstick pieces and was a tad short on the wine so I slipped in a little sherry to make it up. Just a little extra salt and pepper, and it was fantastic. And, it reheats really well, too. Thanks so much Lennie!!