Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The classic flourless chocolate cake by Elizabeth David. Needs no tweakin', just eatin' Get the best chocolate and the freshest eggs and it's a no-brainer. This is the cake my 5 yo nephew always asks my sister for and ALL the boys demolish it!!
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt chocolate, sugar & butter in a double boiler of your invention
- Remove from the heat and stir thoroughly to combine. Mix in the almonds, then beat in egg yolks one by one.
- Beat the whites to stif peaks then fold those in also. It helps to mix in about a quarter of the egg to the mix first to lighten it, then fold in the remainder.
- Turn into a greased and floured cake tin - 20cm round or square. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in the tin before placing on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve to assembled amazed guests.