A lovely winter/spring hearty dish, using the most favourable stout in the land!! This is one for all you Guinness lovers out there!
- Prick Sausages using a fork about 6 times in each.
- Place oil in a Large Frying pan over a medium heat. Add Sausages.
- Turn Sausages occasionally until brown all over. Add Onions, garlic, paprika and Sugar.
- Stir carefully covering Sausages and Onions in the Sugar unitl Sugar has dissolved and is caramilising and bubbling slighty. Remove Garlic Clove.
- Add Guinness Stout and stir in carefully.
- Bring to boil and then reduced liquid by about half about 7-10mins. Taste tewt. Add salt if required.
- Once liquid reduced, plate up and serve with mash potato.
These sausages were really good! Caramelizing the brown sugar and paprika gave a great rich flavor which was a perfect complement to the Guinness. Really enjoyed this - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009