Recipe by EliteTwig
A lovely winter/spring hearty dish, using the most favourable stout in the land!! This is one for all you Guinness lovers out there!
Top Review by loof
These sausages were really good! Caramelizing the brown sugar and paprika gave a great rich flavor which was a perfect complement to the Guinness. Really enjoyed this - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 6 pork sausages (Can use Beef or Irish Sausages)
- 3 red onions (Thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (can use light brown sugar)
- 330 ml Guinness stout (or any other stout)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove (slitted for releasing flavour. Can also omit)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick Sausages using a fork about 6 times in each.
- Place oil in a Large Frying pan over a medium heat. Add Sausages.
- Turn Sausages occasionally until brown all over. Add Onions, garlic, paprika and Sugar.
- Stir carefully covering Sausages and Onions in the Sugar unitl Sugar has dissolved and is caramilising and bubbling slighty. Remove Garlic Clove.
- Add Guinness Stout and stir in carefully.
- Bring to boil and then reduced liquid by about half about 7-10mins. Taste tewt. Add salt if required.
- Once liquid reduced, plate up and serve with mash potato.