Recipe by Glori-B
I found this recipe on the Elite website several years ago. It makes the most wonderful rich, dense, fudgy brownies!! You'd never guess they weren't "regular" brownies. You can also make this in an 8" cake pan for a truly decadent cake.
Top Review by Studentchef
This was a truly moist brownie, and I'm not used to that for Passover. The only difference I made was to melt the chocolate in a bowl over a hot pot, since my microwave is not kosher for Passover.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, kosher for Passover
- 1⁄2 cup matzo cake flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Butter 8 x12 pan (or 8" square cake pan).
- Break chocolate into pieces and soften in microwave (on high one minute, then in 15 second increments until soft).
- Mix cream cheese and butter together. Add sugar and eggs, mixing well.
- Add the matzo cake meal, potato starch, cooled chocolate and nuts mixing on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula a couple of times to make sure it is well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake approximately 25 -30 minutes. An 8" square pan will take a little longer. It's done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool and then share your brownies!