Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe we came up with when the Eilte Bakery in Rochester, NY closed. They had the most fantastic Christmas cookies. When the new owners took it over, they got rid of this recipe. It took along time, but we finally duplicated it. These cookies have just a little bit of anise flavoring. Its very distinct and delicious. Once you try this recipe, you will make it every Christmas! After we bake them, we frost and decorate them. Great way to get kids invloved.
- 16 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons anise flavoring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, melted butter, egg, cream cheese, anise flavoring, and flour;
- mix together to form dough.
- On a floured work surface, roll and shape with cookie cutters.
- Spread out on cookie sheets and bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 10 minutes.
I grew up in Rochester, NY so it is fun to see another Zaar member here. Where did you go to H.S.? When did you graduate? Tried these and they are YUMMY! Easy too--I'm just not a big fan of anise-my husband is though, and he enjoyed them a lot|!! Thanks Aimchick~