1 hr 15 mins
My daughter helped me make the filling for these peppers so I named them after her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes; rinse and set aside.
- 2Spray a skillet with nonstick spray. Add chicken and cook through; remove and set aside to cool. When cooled cut into bite size pieces.
- 3Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- 4Slice mushrooms and add to skillet; cook until mushrooms begin to soften. Add garlic, corn, salsa, rice and chicken; stir to combine.
- 5Stuff peppers evenly with chicken/rice mixture.
- 6Set upright in large stock pot; fill pan with chicken broth halfway up the sides of peppers. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until peppers are cooked through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elisabeth's Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 536.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 24.0 g