Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My daughter helped me make the filling for these peppers so I named them after her.
Make and share this Elisabeth's Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes; rinse and set aside.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray. Add chicken and cook through; remove and set aside to cool. When cooled cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and add to skillet; cook until mushrooms begin to soften. Add garlic, corn, salsa, rice and chicken; stir to combine.
- Stuff peppers evenly with chicken/rice mixture.
- Set upright in large stock pot; fill pan with chicken broth halfway up the sides of peppers. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until peppers are cooked through.