Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My daughter helped me make the filling for these peppers so I named them after her.
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- chicken broth
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes; rinse and set aside.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray. Add chicken and cook through; remove and set aside to cool. When cooled cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and add to skillet; cook until mushrooms begin to soften. Add garlic, corn, salsa, rice and chicken; stir to combine.
- Stuff peppers evenly with chicken/rice mixture.
- Set upright in large stock pot; fill pan with chicken broth halfway up the sides of peppers. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until peppers are cooked through.