Recipe by lesliecoy
This came from Colleen's son, Eli. I could not believe it would turn out! Surely something must be missing from the recipe - but it was Wonderful! A really Fancy ( but oh so Easy ) Show off Dinner! Not sure of the times, way less I am sure, but would depend on how thick your scallops are, I would think. Be careful to not overcook ! Note: Here is a recipe for Teriyaki Sauce:Most Japanese just mix soy sauce (2TBS), rice vinegar (2TBS), sugar/honey (1tsp) and salt (to taste) instead of buying teriyaki sauce.
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, Diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce teriyaki sauce (thin with a little water)
- 6 scallops, large
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute Red Bell Peppers, Green Onions, and Shallots in oil.
- Add Scallops and cook to medium rare.
- Add Teriyaki Sauce being sure to coat the Scallops. Remove the Scallops and Peppers,Scallions, and Onions and place on plates and keep warm.
- Cook the "sauce" down (deglaze)until reduced, being sure to get all the "goodies" off the bottom of the pan.
- Pour reduced sauce over the Scallops and serve.