I'm afraid I don't know who Elina is, but I like her cake! I haven't actually made this myself yet, but had it at a birthday party, with dark chocolate frosting and a dollop of whipped cream. Mmm! If you like the combination of fruit and chocolate flavours, give this a try! The cake gets better with time, so bake a day or two before serving and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 175éC.
- Grease a 22 cm, round cake pan.
- Flour with cocoa powder, shaking off excess.
- Whip eggs with sugar lightly.
- Add melted and cooled butter, milk and raspberry jam, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add flour mixture and boiling water alternately, mixing just until incorporated.
- Turn batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve as-is, or spread some raspberry jam on top, frost with your favourite dark chocolate frosting and decorate with whipped cream.