Recipe by stormylee
I'm afraid I don't know who Elina is, but I like her cake! I haven't actually made this myself yet, but had it at a birthday party, with dark chocolate frosting and a dollop of whipped cream. Mmm! If you like the combination of fruit and chocolate flavours, give this a try! The cake gets better with time, so bake a day or two before serving and keep refrigerated.
Top Review by djoecon
The 5 1/3oz of butter came to 2/3 cup. I also used Splenda in this recipe. It's very moist and rich. Probably best served with a raspberry sauce or whipped topping neither which I had on hand. Plan to serve this during the fall with a warm sauce over it.
- 300 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g butter or 150 g margarine, melted
- 75 ml milk
- 100 ml raspberry jam
- 300 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 75 ml boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175éC.
- Grease a 22 cm, round cake pan.
- Flour with cocoa powder, shaking off excess.
- Whip eggs with sugar lightly.
- Add melted and cooled butter, milk and raspberry jam, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add flour mixture and boiling water alternately, mixing just until incorporated.
- Turn batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve as-is, or spread some raspberry jam on top, frost with your favourite dark chocolate frosting and decorate with whipped cream.