Recipe by Houmous Monster
I hate eating plain salads. Even oil dressings I'm not keen on. When you can't eat anything else this might help. It's specifically for a local hospital's Elimination Diet (UK). It goes well on salad topped with raisins. I'm not going to kid you that this tastes fantastic, on a restricted diet nothing's going to, but my boyfriend who refuses to eat any of my food admits it's not bad. UPDATED: I found it hard to use up the left over tofu before it went off, so I now make it to be OAMC. I've found it freezes quite well. Details at the bottom of directions
Top Review by Mirj
I love creamy salad dressings, but can't always use them in a meal, since I don't mix meat with milk. This is a wonderful solution! I assumed that the tiny measures meant dried herbs, so I just tripled the amounts and used fresh. Good call. Very green and very yummy. Next time I'll add more garlic, and perhaps some hot pepper. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup soft silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (sweetened or plain)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth.
- It helps to leave it a short while after mixing to let the ingredients drip to the bottom and then mix again.
- OMAC: I triple the recipe to use a whole 12 oz box of tofu. I then split the batch into cup portions (about) and freeze. I find each portion does two salads. I let it thaw in the fridge a couple of days before use, but based on other experience I expect it would defrost in the microwave fine.