Recipe by tweetyfan
A sweet frosting glaze, colorful candies and well-placed almond slices turn these sugar cookie diamonds into a big batch of Santa’s helpers.
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract, divided
- 6 drops red food coloring, divided
- 140 milk chocolate M&M's
- 56 sliced almonds
- 56 M&M's plain chocolate candy, miniature baking bits brown
- 28 M&M's plain chocolate candy, miniature baking bits red
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-3/4-in. x 3-1/4-in. diamond cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For one batch of glaze, in a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 4-1/2 teaspoons milk and 1/4 teaspoon extract. Remove 1 tablespoon glaze to another bowl. Tint remaining glaze with 3 drops food coloring.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread red glaze over top half of cookie. Place one M&M at top for tassel and four M&M's across edge of glaze for hat brim. For ears, place two almonds above M&M's on each end. Dip baking bits in plain glaze; place brown bits on cookie for eyes and a red bit for nose. Repeat with 13 more cookies.
- Make second batch of glaze with remaining confectioners' sugar, milk, extract and food coloring. Decorate remaining cookies as above.