Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is wonderful quick make treat for all the elves in the house. Make for tree trimming day and throughout the season. Its great for the office party as well!
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package graham crackers (1 sleeve)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Arrange 11 whole graham crackers on an un-greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bring butter, sugar, and nuts to a boil in a medium saucepan, and boil 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the graham crackers, spreading quickly to cover.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove crackers to wax paper to cool.
- Cut with a knife along perforations and serve.
DH can't stay out of these! And they're so easy to make. The topping tastes like bits 'o brickle. And in step 4 when it says "spreading quickly to cover" you've got to do it really quickly! The topping pretty much stayed where I poured it and wouldn't let me spread it much at all. I'm sure we'll be making these again. Made for the Zaar Elves Appreciation Cook-A-Thon.