Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is from a package of bean soup mix from Frontier Soups.
Make and share this Eleven Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups eleven bean soup mix or 2 cups any combination of mixed beans
- 12 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 smoked ham hock or 1 smoked turkey leg
- 1 bouquet garni, recommended Bouquet Garni
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- additional salt, to taste
- Rince, drain, and pick over beans.
- Place beans in an 8 quart pot with water, salt, ham hock, and bouquet garni.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 3 hours.
- Add tomatoes, onions, celery, garlic, and green pepper to pot.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add black pepper to taste, sausage, and chicken and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove ham hock, disguard bones and skin, and return meat to pot.
- Remove bouquet garni before serving.