Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a different twist on the ordinary brownie.
Make and share this Elephant Stomp Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter or 1 1⁄3 cups margarine, softened and divided
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup salted Spanish peanut (optional)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Combine oats and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar and peanut butter, beating well.
- Add one egg, beating until blended.
- Add oat mixture, stirring until blended.
- Remove 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture and reserve.
- Add peanuts to remaining peanut butter mixture (if desired). Press evenly in a lightly greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool crust.
- Beat remaining 1 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixture until creamy; gradually add granuated sugar, beating well.
- Add remaining 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- Stir in cocoa and remaining 1/2 cup flour. Spread batter over crust, and sprinkle with reserved peanut butter mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut brownies into 2 inch squares.
these were ok. pretty greasy.. and i cut quite a bit of the butter out.. also the filling didnt have a lot of flavor.. but they were fun to try. maybe using real chocolate in the middle instead of cocoa pwd.. and maybe adding some vanilla would help.