Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1560 hrs
Cook 48 hrs
The kids should like reading this one...it's an adaptation of a recipe from a July 1968 cookbook that was published by the local newspaper. I bought it at a garage sale and was entertained for hours by the great sounding recipes and the sponsor's ads. A new gas range, $118; a new full size refrigerator with automatic defrosting! $168... Mary Ferris had submitted a version of this recipe.
- 1 medium elephant
- 2 (50 gallon) containers broth
- 500 lbs assorted fresh vegetables, chopped
- 2 rabbits (optional)
- Cut elephant into bite-size pieces.
- This takes about 2 months.
- Using large kettles, simmer equal parts elephant and vegetables with enough broth to cover.
- Cook for a couple days.
- If more are expected add the rabbits, but do this only if necessary.
- Most people don't like to find hare in their stew.
HAHAHA!!! Too funnny! Thanks for bringing a little humor in here, along with Miller! :)
I prefer the African elephant with only one rabbit. Two was a little much. Short hair rabbit tastes the best!! Ha Ha. That was the best thing I've read all day, thanks!!
Thought it was great...started it in June----ate it in Aug. I must say though....2 cloves of garlic (minced) did make a great difference!!!!