Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into half inch pieces
- 1 head elephant garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- salt & pepper
- In a medium soup pot over medium heat, saute the garlic with the potatoes and olive oil for approximately 5 minutes or until the garlic is slightly golden.
- Add the chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the soup and puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer back into the sauce pot and stir in the scallions and serve.