Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 14 tablespoons sour milk or 14 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Put sour cream in a measuring cup.
- Add sour milk or buttermilk to fill cup.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the egg, salt and melted margarine.
- Blend well.
- Gradually, by hand, add flour and soda, until everything is mixed and blended.
- Remove to a mixing board and knead until smooth.
- Let stand 3 hours or leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Divide dough into serving pieces.
- Roll each piece 1/4 inch thick; cut 2 parallel slits in the center to make ears.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Dip each piece in cinnamon and sugar.
- I like to make this in the evening and put in refrigerator overnight and then make them in the morning.