Elena Bedner's Note:
This is a great weeknight dish that sounds complicated, but is really easy. Great for company too...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 lb bacon, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or regular parmesean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 lb linguine (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a small, stainless pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- 2Add bacon and cool till brown, but not crisp - about 4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, wine, and pepper.
- 4Simmer until wine is reduced - about 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, and salt.
- 7In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until just done (al dente).
- 8Drain pasta and add it to egg mixture immediately. The pasta will cook the eggs - toss quickly.
- 9Pour the bacon mixture over linguine.
- 10Toss with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elena's Linguine Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 779.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g