Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great weeknight dish that sounds complicated, but is really easy. Great for company too...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or regular parmesean)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb linguine (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small, stainless pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cool till brown, but not crisp - about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, wine, and pepper.
- Simmer until wine is reduced - about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, and salt.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until just done (al dente).
- Drain pasta and add it to egg mixture immediately. The pasta will cook the eggs - toss quickly.
- Pour the bacon mixture over linguine.
- Toss with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This made a lovely dinner tonight. It was quick, too. I made a full recipe for the sauce, and used about 4 servings of homemade pasta. I had been wanting to know how to make Carbonara, because I often order it at a restaurant I frequent. This recipe's Carbonara is at least as good as the restaurant's. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.