Recipe by ZMiaJ
Keen5 posted this in a request thread for school chili. I asked her to post it to the the site so I could save it to my cookbook because I think it sounds delicious and she was kind enough to let me post it as my first recipe on Recipezaar! Thanks, Keen5!!
Top Review by pammyowl
I should have gotten a clue from the title! We thought it too sweet, and I did doctor it up a touch with more chili powder and a dash of cumin. I baked it in the oven in my dutch oven, uncovered, for four hours as it was quite thin, and we like chili chunky and thick. Still, it would be a great chili for children, they'd gobble it up, I'm sure! Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) canmild chili beans, crushed
- 7 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground chuck in skillet and pour off excess grease.
- Stir in flour and brown sugar.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, and chili beans.
- Place all ingredients into a 2 quart cooking pot, adding the onions, chili powder and salt.
- Cook over low heat for at least 2 hours.