Recipe by Shae
Delicious subtle cheese sauce baked over your favorite veggies! This is one of our favorite dishes with a juicy ribeye off the grill and a nice loaf of crusty bread! Recipe came from a "country cooking" website.
Top Review by cfletcher
Terrible.....I followed the recipe.....but put it in the oven the following day for a pot luck dinner......Several commented that they didn't care for the taste.....Perhaps using cheddar cheese instead of cream cheese would make it taste better, which I might try next time......but I definitely would not make the same dish again. Yuck !
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetables (I use broccoli, cauliflower & carrots)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vegetables until almost done, drain and place in small casserole dish (I use pyrex pie plate).
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour until smooth, add milk and stir until becomes thick and bubbly.
- Turn heat down and add cream cheese salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese has completely melted and mixed into sauce.
- Pour sauce over veggies and sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.