Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enjoy this delicious sauce with any dessert needing a little something extra. Whip it up in your kitchen in less than 5 minutes, without any cooking at all. This goes fabulous on creamy bread pudding, rich chocolate pound cake, or anything else you might like. Let me know what you pair it with.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure maple syrup (please not the fake stuff!!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kirschwasser or 1⁄2 teaspoon cherry brandy
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In small bowl, whisk together whipping cream, confectioners sugar, and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, rum, and kirschwasser. Mix well.
- As a final touch, add the ground nutmeg.
- The sauce should be rich and creamy. To thicken, add more powdered sugar.
Oh wow, this is yummy and care-free easy. Served over recipe #2615, an exquisite chocolate cake that I make often. This takes it to a new height. I put the nutmeg on the table and invited everyone to sprinkle their own on top of cake and sauce. Took off as a conversation item - nutmeg, mace, etc! Doubled the recipe and added more powdered sugar to thicken. Just great, thank you!
Oh boy this was YUMMMMMY! Incredibly easy to make with a rich and elegant taste. I did add the extra powdered sugar as suggested to thicken the sauce a little. I served this on a spicy apple cake, but I have to admit I ate a few spoonfuls by itself as well!! Absolutely delicious!