Recipe by Dans La Lune
Enjoy this delicious sauce with any dessert needing a little something extra. Whip it up in your kitchen in less than 5 minutes, without any cooking at all. This goes fabulous on creamy bread pudding, rich chocolate pound cake, or anything else you might like. Let me know what you pair it with.
Top Review by woodland hues
Oh wow, this is yummy and care-free easy. Served over recipe #2615, an exquisite chocolate cake that I make often. This takes it to a new height. I put the nutmeg on the table and invited everyone to sprinkle their own on top of cake and sauce. Took off as a conversation item - nutmeg, mace, etc! Doubled the recipe and added more powdered sugar to thicken. Just great, thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure maple syrup (please not the fake stuff!!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kirschwasser or 1⁄2 teaspoon cherry brandy
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, whisk together whipping cream, confectioners sugar, and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, rum, and kirschwasser. Mix well.
- As a final touch, add the ground nutmeg.
- The sauce should be rich and creamy. To thicken, add more powdered sugar.