Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tastes so good, it's almost sinful! It's a bit costly though and very rich. I first had it at a church luncheon when I was a teenager.
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 (13 ounce) cansworthington deli turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- Line a 9 by 14-inch baking pan with the pastry.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine.
- Stir in nuts and remaining ingredients except breadcrumbs and rest of melted margarine.
- Pour into pastry. Fold pastry over and make a rolled crust completely around pie.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted margarine and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.