Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from a recipe by Christie Williamson
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces brie cheese, with rind removed
- 1 cup candied walnuts or 1 cup candied pecans, chopped
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 30-45 minutes until they are fully cooked, but not very soft; cool.
- Halve potatoes and scoop out as much flesh as you can without tearing outer skin. Reserve the inside flesh for another use.
- Brush cavities of the potato skins with butter, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to Broil.
- Broil the seasoned skins for 5-10 minutes, until they crisp up, being careful not to burn.
- Top hot skins with 1 ounce of brie (without rind) and some of the chopped nuts.
- Return to broiler for a few minutes to allow cheese to soften and get hot.
- Garnish with fresh chives if desired, and serve.
I love sweet potatoes, & when I can make a side like this, my other half is very willing to help me devour 'em! Will be making these again, for sure! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
A great side dish to dinner tonight. I chose to use the pecans. The brie gave it excellent flavor.
What an interesting dish! I used walnuts, enjoyed the brie cheese with it. Thanks Sue! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.