Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The following recipe is for one serving. Double up as needed. Easily assembled and very impressive to serve!
- 2 slices black forest ham, thin not shaved
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄8 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1⁄2 English muffin, lightly toasted and buttered
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a Pyrex custard cup (ramekin) with vegetable spray.
- Line with the slices of ham and break egg into it.
- Pour over the whipping cream.
- Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese and top with a pinch of dried basil.
- Place the cup inside a round metal cake pan for easier handling when hot.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set to your preference.
- Serve on top of the toasted English muffin.
This was a very easy dish. Some didn't like the basil in the recipe. We baked ours less than 20 minutes because we like a softer yolk. Thanks Emjay99. Bullwinkle.