Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve as canapes or as a side for your favorite pasta dish.
- 12 -15 fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
- Carefully wash mushrooms; remove the stems, set aside.
- To prepare filling: Finely dice about half of the stems and place into mixing bowl.
- (you may discard the other half, or use as an ingredient in spaghetti sauce, etc.) Add sour cream, cheeses and crumbs; blend well.
- Fill mushroom caps with filling mixture, mounding tops.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in aluminum-foil lined 9x5x3 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over stuffed mushrooms.
- If desired, sprinkle tops with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or till cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
These are delicious. The only thing I "changed" (although you didn't really say what kind), was using Italian seasoned breadcrumbs instead of plain. Yum!