1/2 Photos of Elegant Stuffed Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
This is a real winner in our family. The stuffing is positively delicious and it is a 'must' to use the honey and salt on top. I usually double the stuffing because we love it so much, and the chicken pocket looks better if stuffed to the fullest. A definite company meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 slices white bread, torn in small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use more to sprinkle on the breasts)
- 6 -8 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 1/4 tablespoon honey, warmed (enough to generously brush each breast)
- 1Prepare stuffing: In 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; add zucchini and cook till tender, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3To the zucchini add the bread; stir in the eggs, cheese, pepper and salt.
- 4Carefully loosen the skin on each of the breasts by pushing fingers between skin and meat to form a pocket.
- 5Spoon some stuffing into each pocket.
- 6Place chicken in baking pan and bake@ 350 degrees for 50 minutes or till fork tender.
- 7Remove chicken from baking pan to serving platter.
- 8Brush with the warmed honey and sprinkle with salt.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 151.6 mg
- Sodium 446.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.5 g