Recipe by dojemi
This is a real winner in our family. The stuffing is positively delicious and it is a 'must' to use the honey and salt on top. I usually double the stuffing because we love it so much, and the chicken pocket looks better if stuffed to the fullest. A definite company meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 slices white bread, torn in small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (use more to sprinkle on the breasts)
- 6 -8 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon honey, warmed (enough to generously brush each breast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare stuffing: In 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; add zucchini and cook till tender, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- To the zucchini add the bread; stir in the eggs, cheese, pepper and salt.
- Carefully loosen the skin on each of the breasts by pushing fingers between skin and meat to form a pocket.
- Spoon some stuffing into each pocket.
- Place chicken in baking pan and bake@ 350 degrees for 50 minutes or till fork tender.
- Remove chicken from baking pan to serving platter.
- Brush with the warmed honey and sprinkle with salt.