Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is a beautiful soup that can be used as a dessert course or a soup course. It is a special dessert with a romantic presentation. Perfect for wedding and anniversary parties or with Valentine’s Day dinner. From www.finedinings.com
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry ice cream, use a good quality
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2 champagne, glasses
CHOCOLATE GANACHE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the strawberries, ice cream, 1 tablespoon whipping cream and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth; pour into a pitcher with a spout to make it easy for pouring into the glasses (This can be done ahead of time, covered and refrigerated.).
- In a heavy medium-size saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup to a simmer; remove from heat; Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth; Pour into a small container and refrigerate until ready to use; When ready to use heat slightly to soften the chocolate until it is of the right consistency.
- Pour enough chocolate ganache into a flat bowl or plate so that when you place the champagne glasses upside down in the chocolate, it will coat the rims of the glass; allow some of the chocolate to run down the sides. This can be done ahead of time.
- Whip the remaining whipping cream with the powdered sugar. Carefully pour the soup into the glasses being careful not to disturb the chocolate on the rim.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and a mint sprig. Place on a plate and garnish with Easter grass and a flower if desired, and serve.