Recipe by Rottmom
A fantastic no-fuss meal that you can make to serve same-day, or you can freeze it ahead to be served later. Easy preparation, but perfect for entertaining or a delicious family meal. To save even more time, I use the pre-sliced fresh mushrooms. Cooking in the crockpot makes it so simple. From the cookbook Don’t Panic More Dinner’s in the Freezer.
Top Review by VA
Made exactly as directed and just 5 hours in the crockpot on low. This came out almost as dry as jerky. I don't know what I could have done wrong. I'm not joking - even the dog didn't like it. Sorry for the bad review but this was a total waste of money.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sirloin, fat trimmed (or beef tenderloin)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooking day:.Place the meat in a large freezer bag.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- If freezing, place freezer bag into freezer, keeping as flat as possible.
- Serving day:.Thaw steak.
- Place meat and marinade into crockpot. Simmer on low for about 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat and thinly slice. Place meat on a serving platter; pour juices from crockpot over meat and serve.
- This is great served over noodles, rice, or garlic mashed potatoes. The wine dissipates while cooking but tenderizes the meat and gives it a wonderful, rich flavor.