Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a magazine a long time ago. It makes a delicious meal.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) tenderized boneless beef round steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2 inch slices,separated into rings
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drain, reserve liquid)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry (broth can be substituted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil.
- Add onions.
- Sauté until tender.
- Blend soup, sherry, and liquid from mushrooms, and garlic salt.
- Pour over steak.
- Add mushrooms.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until the steak is tender (or cover and bake at 350 degrees F).
- Serve over rice.