Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this recipe for many years. I got it from my neighbor when our children were small. They are now almost 30!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil, using high heat.
- Add onions.
- Saute until tender crisp.
- Blend soup, sherry, liquid from mushrooms and garlic salt.
- Pour over steak and onions.
- Add mushrooms.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until steak is tender.
- Serve over rice.
Very Good! The sauce was delicious with the sherry and mushroom soup. Thanks for an easy, delicious dinner. Nick's Mom