Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A friend gave me this recipe to use for a supper club we hosted. It fills the house with a wonderful aroma while cooking. Everyone at the party asked for the recipe.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (can be Italian style)
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine first 10 ingredients.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and grease the foil.
- Place roast on foil.
- Pour mixture on roast.
- Place bay leaves on top.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3-4 hours or until done to your liking.
We enjoyed this recipe, although I would not call it spicy, rather I would say it had a tangy flavor to it. I will certainly make it again.
This roast had a wonderful flavor. I enjoyed the combination of spices in this recipe. I bet the tomato and juices would make a delicious tomato gravy. I'm going to try that when I make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!