Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 packet cornbread mix, prepared
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, small
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb flounder fillets
- 1⁄4 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- white pepper
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- Well in advance, prepare cornbread according to package directions. Cool and process in food processor or blender to make fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Finely chop Onion.
- Remove seeds and veins from Peppers and chop into approximately 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel, chop, and finely crush garlic. Saute Onion in 10 inch frying pan in hot olive Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add Peppers and Garlic and continue cooking until Peppers are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, peel shrimp.
- Coarsely chop shrimp, scallops and flounder.
- Remove Onion/Pepper mixture from heat and add eafood, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Stir gently to prevent breaking up crab.
- Season to taste with Salt, Pepper and cayenne.
- Shape into patties and coat both sides with cornbread crumbs. (May now be placed n a plate and refrigerated for up to an hour) When ready to serve, heat 2 tablespoons of the clarified Butter in the frying pan over a moderately high flame.
- Saute 3 cakes at a time until golden on both ides, about 2 minutes.
- Add more Butter as necessary.
- May be served with Creamy Corn Sauce.
- Spoon warm corn Sauce on plate and place seafood cake on top.