My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 packet cornbread mix, prepared
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, small
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb flounder fillets
- 1/4 lb scallops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- white pepper
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1Well in advance, prepare cornbread according to package directions. Cool and process in food processor or blender to make fine crumbs. Set aside.
- 2Finely chop Onion.
- 3Remove seeds and veins from Peppers and chop into approximately 1/2 inch pieces.
- 4Peel, chop, and finely crush garlic. Saute Onion in 10 inch frying pan in hot olive Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 5Add Peppers and Garlic and continue cooking until Peppers are almost tender.
- 6Meanwhile, peel shrimp.
- 7Coarsely chop shrimp, scallops and flounder.
- 8Remove Onion/Pepper mixture from heat and add eafood, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- 9Stir gently to prevent breaking up crab.
- 10Season to taste with Salt, Pepper and cayenne.
- 11Shape into patties and coat both sides with cornbread crumbs. (May now be placed n a plate and refrigerated for up to an hour) When ready to serve, heat 2 tablespoons of the clarified Butter in the frying pan over a moderately high flame.
- 12Saute 3 cakes at a time until golden on both ides, about 2 minutes.
- 13Add more Butter as necessary.
- 14May be served with Creamy Corn Sauce.
- 15Spoon warm corn Sauce on plate and place seafood cake on top.
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Southern Seafood Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 408.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: