1/3 Photos of Elegant Seafood Bisque
This makes a to die for super rich seafood bisque, chocked full of seafood such as shrimp, crab, salmon, clams and cod and is lower carb than most,due to no potatoes. Hint for low carbers: use Wondra "instant flour" and all you will need is about 1 or 2 TBS to thicken. The original recipe was obtained from a local restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup finely minced shallot
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby clams, with juice
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, cleaned, shelled, deveined
- 1/3 lb cod, boneless, leave in one piece
- 1/3 lb salmon, skinless, boneless, leave in one piece
- 2/3 lb cooked crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 1Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft.
- 2Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside.
- 3Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod.
- 4Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Strain the stock, reserving the seafood.
- 6Stir the shallot mixture into the stock.
- 7Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot.
- 9Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Seafood Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.4
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 196.9 mg
- Sodium 1053.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g