1/1 Photo of Elegant Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Everything Tasty Kitchen's Note:
The stars were aligned!!! I had some of my favorite ingredients on-hand and put together this simple yet elegant chicken dish during our last snow storm. Pounding the chicken ensures a tender chicken breast. Browning the chicken before baking gives a beautiful brown color and really holds the bundle together. Finishing in the oven, the chicken cooks evenly throughout and plumps the chicken leaving it very juicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butterfly and pound the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch.
- 3Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- 4Place goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes or artichokes in the center of each breast.
- 5Roll the chicken together like an envelope and secure using a few toothpicks.
- 6Heat 1 teaspoon oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 7Place the chicken in the pan, top side down and brown on all 4 sides (about 2 minutes each side), the chicken firms and holds together quickly making this easy to do.
- 8Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9When the chicken is cooked through, remove the toothpicks and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 10Use the pan to toss whole wheat pasta in the pan drippings, adding a few sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Add a little oil from these jars if you need to.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.6
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 1315.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 49.7 g