Recipe by Aimchick
Roasted chicken is an easy meal any day of the week. It’s not as hard as you think. Preparation takes about 20 minutes and while it is in the oven you could prepare other side dishes--or take a nap. It really is that simple! To enhance this meal, you could add potatoes and carrots to the pan to roast along side the chicken.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) roasting chickens, with neck and gizzards removed
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 heads garlic, sliced whole
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine (chardonnay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- Cut celery stalks in half and lay flat in the bottom of a roasting pan. This creates the baking rack for your chicken.
- Place sliced head of garlic inside the chicken.
- Squeeze lemons and place inside the chicken.
- Tuck the wings of the chicken under to prevent burning.
- Pour olive oil over chicken and make sure to cover all surfaces.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken.
- Pour white wine in the bottom of roasting pan and bake uncovered for 1 ½ to 2 hours.