Recipe by shygirl
A good siding for steaks or turkey. People usually ask me for this recipe every time i bring this to a potluck. Its always a sure hit!
Top Review by MacMama63
I've made these three times now, and they just taste better every time! Delicious! Yes, they are sinful, but SO good! I made it once with a topping of crushed Cheez-It crackers - YUM!
- 1 lb potato, boiled and sliced thinly
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated or
- 2 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 big onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4c butter in a large pan.
- Add in half of the grated cheese.
- Pour in the cream and lemon juice.
- Simmer till cheese melts.
- In another pan, Saute onions in 1/4 c butter, add in potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the cooked cream mixture.
- Toss well.
- Pour in 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika over top of cheese.
- Bake at 350 oven for 15 minutes or till golden.