Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good siding for steaks or turkey. People usually ask me for this recipe every time i bring this to a potluck. Its always a sure hit!
- 1 lb potato, boiled and sliced thinly
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated or
- 2 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 big onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Melt 1/4c butter in a large pan.
- Add in half of the grated cheese.
- Pour in the cream and lemon juice.
- Simmer till cheese melts.
- In another pan, Saute onions in 1/4 c butter, add in potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the cooked cream mixture.
- Toss well.
- Pour in 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika over top of cheese.
- Bake at 350 oven for 15 minutes or till golden.
I've made these three times now, and they just taste better every time! Delicious! Yes, they are sinful, but SO good! I made it once with a topping of crushed Cheez-It crackers - YUM!
Sinful, sinful but who cares. Great as a treat and definitely none left in the dish. Just don't tell anyone what is in it because they might start counting calories. Great side dish. Thanks.
great great side dish!