Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is another lovely recipe I found online,and decided to pass along.I hope you enjoy it! 8)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups cold butter
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup apricot fruit spread or 2⁄3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit or 2⁄3 cup peach fruit spread
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In large mixing bowl,add the salt& flour,cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add the sour cream,stirring until dough forms to a ball (few minutes).
- Cover,& chill until firm (at least 1 hour).
- Heat oven to 400.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface,using one-third at a time (chill rest of dough) Roll to 1/8-inch thickness and cut with 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Put half of circles 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut small circle with 3/4-inch round cookie cutter in center of remaining circles.
- Brush one side of donut shaped cookies with water.
- Put on top of the circles on baking sheet,moist side down.
- With rounded 1/4 teaspoonful,add fruit spread to centers of cookies.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until golden& puffy.
- Let cookies cool thoroughly.
- Stir thr powdered sugar& liqueur in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over cookies.