Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Men tend to like this cake it is very moist and it is oh so pretty, pale green with cherries, great for Christmas time.
- 1 (18 ounce) box2 layer white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup club soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) jarof whole pitted red cherries (drained well)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained well)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted chopped pecans
- coconut cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pudding, eggs, soda, and oil, beat until well blended.
- Stir in cake mix,pecans and pineapple, mix well.
- Add cherries carefully, you don't want the cherries to fall apart.
- Pour mix into 3 greased and flour cake pans, tap each to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 15 minute then remove from pans to cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
This was very good. I don't like my desserts real sweet so I left the frosting off. I also made it in a 13 x 9" pan.
I made this refreshing cake for Easter and it was a big hit with everyone- especially my little girl. It went quick! I also used Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting to frost with- YUM! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.
This is my favorite cake. Made for the first time for a Christmas family gathering and everyone loved it. It's moist and yummy. Looked very pretty with the green layers and red cherries. I also used your icing recipe. The frozen coconut makes this an icing to die for. It is very simple to make and I followed your directions.